Thursday, September 3, 2009

So, here I am again. Day 6 and my first day on Phase II. I haven’t been able to get with the coach yet, but that is entirely my fault. Just too much going on these two days, but I hope to tomorrow. This phase is a bit different. You have set things to eat, and you have to eat it all and take the supplements as well. It is geared to get your metabolism retrained and back in high gear. I know that is one of my big problems, so I am hoping this is going to work.

The only thing I have had to tap out today is the fact that I am restless and keep wandering into the kitchen looking for something else to eat. I know I am not hungry, I am stressed and needing to slow down. So, I have tapped on my amygdala a few times today to relief the stress and relax my stress response. Otherwise, digestion is out the window. I have also tapped out, “Even though I feel restless and just want to eat something to fill the void, I deeply and completely accept myself.” That helped a great deal with calming my mind down about wanting to eat, even though I was not hungry.

As far as staying on the diet, I really have not had any problems today at all. I am very focused. I spent yesterday tapping on focus and motivation issues, making sure I was ready for today. Motivation is a huge part of this program. I had to tap in my ability to focus and staying centered on my goals. Then tap out anything that came up in the back of my mind that said I couldn’t do it. Those are the gremlins that love to keep you from succeeding. I know them well.

One issue I have to tap out is finding time to exercise. I have been so busy it has been impossible for several days. However, today I realized I could talk on the phone with people and walk at the same time. LOL Movement, Jed says it is the crucial component, so I decided to at least move. It may not be a concentrated exercise where I focus on it, but it helps me move and get going in some way. It actually felt good to walk a mile while trying to find out information on the phone. I didn’t feel like I was wasting time, I actually did something with the time. I am, however, looking forward to meeting with the trainer on Friday and getting some more ideas.

At this point in past years, a lot of emotional stuff would be coming up. I have tapped out quite a few issues, so I thought I would address a few of those, knowing that at about this point I would be having issues. Some of the issues I know that I dealt with were things like, my body keeping the weight on to protect me against getting hurt again, or if I am fat then men will not pay attention to me and I’m safe. Safety and protection are HUGE issues with regards to weight and why your body holds onto it so much. I remember vividly my first husband telling me that I was “putting on a few pounds” after having my second baby. I literally had to tap that out and tell my body I was okay to let it go, because I was okay with who I was now and didn’t need it anymore for protection.

Those are just a few issues, but they are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to reasons why your body holds on to the weight. There are also issues to tap out in relation to how you view your body as well. I think I will have to do that tomorrow because that is something I still have issues with. LOL I have just recently allowed my picture to be taken again. So, yes, I know I still have some issues there.

Until then, think positive thoughts and focus on your picture of what you want your life to be. I am!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment