Saturday, September 5, 2009

I am now on day 5 of my fast phase and really feel stoked! I went in yesterday and was weighed and actually lost 4 lbs! Woo Hoo! LOL I only had a few minutes to talk to the coach, but she was great. She was very helpful, explained things I asked about very intelligently, and was very supportive.

I then went back to talk to the trainer. His name is Thomas Clayton. I have to tell you, I am very impressed. After explaining my situation and how much I have worked out with very little to show for it and how I get on these plateaus and just cannot budge myself off of them, he told me a few things that were very exciting. I want to share them, so I hope I do it some justice. LOL

First of all, I am working out too hard. There is a point when you exercise where you are pretty much burning in an anaerobic state and burning carbs, not fat. I pretty much miss the fat burning stage all together because I like to exercise with intensity. So, I need to back up a bit and we need to find that narrow range where my body is burning fat, not carbs, and keep my body in that range for a few weeks to retrain it and then I can do two workouts at my fat burning baseline and then progress to intensity training at various levels per week and keep my fat burning going.

He explained it this way…..if you try to build a fire and just put on a big log, throw some gasoline on it, and then light it, you will pretty much burn off all of the gasoline and then it will go out and very little of the log will actually burn. However, if you start with your base and get your little teepee with twigs and brush and really add a lot of fuel to get the fire going, then when you put on the log, it will burn and burn for a long time. Very simplistic way to state it, but very effective, at least for me. LOL I totally understand this and am actually excited to learn about it. It explains a lot!

I really do like to get physical and get very intense and lift weights, run, dance, whatever, I like to get into it. However, you would never know that by just looking at me. Let’s just say, I’m squishy. LOL I feel squishy. When I was lifting weights I was tone underneath and I could feel that my arms and chest were not so “squishy” anymore, but the fat would just not come off on top of it. LOL So, this was great news for me.

I have set up next Wednesday to go in and get a test to see where my “fat burning” range is and then train with him on a new system. It’s a bunch of straps with ways you can utilize them, and your body weight, to create a great workout for all parts of the body. These were created by Navy Seals, so I am actually quite excited to learn about it. This session with the trainer is extra for the test and the training, but it is only $40.00, less than a doctor’s test for sure, and I feel it will be invaluable for what I need to learn. So, I’m biting the bullet and doing it.

So, I did have a good discussion with him on the leptin and cortisol levels in the body. I do tap to correct these and they do play a major role in your body’s ability to “realize” that it needs to lose fat, not muscle. These are hormones that regulate quite a bit in the body and are very important. He also told me a great deal about the role of testosterone and its importance. I learned quite a bit.

So, food wise, I am doing great. I have had no problems staying on this so far. I have had a few times of feeling like I wanted to eat, but not because I was hungry, so tapping those times out have been good. Basically, it’s just realizing that I want to eat for an emotional need not for the need for food. Once you can make those connections, it’s easy to tap it out. Just have to make sure to do a reversal first, as more often then not when it comes to emotional stuff, your body does not want to let go of it.

Hey, also, great news!! I just had my two articles on the effects of stress on your body with regards to weight loss, and what your fat is really saying to you published on E-Zine again! Totally cool!!!! Here are the links if you would like to go to them.

http://EzineArticles.com/?id=2795510
http://EzineArticles.com/?id=2796413

Hugs to all,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment