Thursday, August 27, 2009

This week and in the subsequent 21 days, I will not be answering your questions, but blogging on my experiences in the 21-day program that I am doing in conjunction with Thin & Healthy Utah. Yes, I am doing a program. LOL I even woke up with anxieties about it this morning. Yes….I know, I teach people how to get through anxieties and here I am having one. LOL The anxiety was actually not about whether I could do the program, but whether I would lose weight.

You have to understand…and I think some of you do very well….I have tried everything and anything. In the past two years since starting on this journey and healing my fibromyalgia and all of the wonderful problems that go with it, as well as getting off all of those wonderful medications, I have gone through quite a myriad of ways to lose this lovely belly flab. LOL I have followed the plans religiously and have actually gained weight on some of them. Some of this was due to the fact that I had not cleared all the emotional baggage surrounding my weight, so to say they did not work entirely would be unfair, as the emotional baggage I carried with my weight was huge. However, even after clearing all of this, and losing 50 lbs, I still am here on a plateau. LOL These last few months I have cleared the last of my emotional baggage that I knew was getting in the way, so now I am ready to do this, and yes, my subconscious mind is very much in line with my conscious self, so I am ready; however, I still had that anxiety and when I thought about it the memory of trying that one thyroid cleanse last year and gaining 5 lbs on it was upper most in my mind. So, yes, I had to go in and clear out that memory and I felt MUCH better.

So, why did I decide on this program? Well, I have watched Jed for many months now and actually trust him and believe he knows what he is talking about. His heart is in it and his greatest desire is to help people. So, I feel SAFE! Yes, safety is a HUGE issue for me. I had to tap this one out many months ago, because I honestly did not feel I could trust someone to help me who did not have an ulterior motive, like selling a product, or a method, or whatever. So, safety was a big issue in trusting that his motives were honorable. He has never judged me or my weight and has never ever even asked me if I wanted to do one of his programs. He and I simply formed a great relationship just because are motives are the same and because we could help each other. So, I now need to trust that he can help me get off this plateau and back into losing again, just as he trusts me with his clients to help them clear away some of the emotional baggage that their weight carries.

I went through the program with him last night and was measured, weighed, and had my fat percentage calculated on my first visit. It is rather simple and is easy to follow. Have I felt hungry on it? Not so much hungry, as much as just wanting my favorite foods, you know my comfort foods. LOL I’m starting a new program, anxious about whether I will lose weight, and now I don’t have my favorite foods. LOL I have had to tap out some of these cravings. My favorite foods for the most part are very healthy foods. I have already tapped out my desire for cereal and white flour and sugar, etc. I spent several months back in January and February making HUGE changes in my diet and that of my children to bring us all into a healthier state, so my favorite foods are things like almonds, cashews, along with my cantaloupe, watermelon, etc. I’m told these will be added in later, so I’m not worried about missing them. I just have to give it a few days.

You start in phases and I am on phase 1 for about three to four days. I will go back in on Monday and be reweighed. Then next week I will also be meeting with the trainer and he will help me retrain my metabolism. I have done cross fit for almost a year now and even started up Zuma in July and have loved it, so I’m not sedentary, and I am passionate about exercise and intensity; however, I’m also not making progress, so I’m looking forward to meeting with him.

Well, enough for now. I will blog more tomorrow about some of the emotions I have had to clear over these past two years, as these have been critical in getting me to this point. Hope you all enjoy and I pray what I blog about helps you in some way to take on the challenge of losing the weight you have.

Hugs to all,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment