Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's the Holidays!

Wow, it's that time of year again. For me the Holidays are wonderful. I truly enjoy being with my family and having my children around enjoying just being together. However, there are stresses that affect the Holidays and even affect me during them as well.

For me, my biggest stressor is being single. It is so much fun to have someone to snuggle with by the fire. :) Singles, for whatever reason, even widows and widowers, face lonely times during the time of year where being together with families is highlighted and your family is minus a member. Other stressors for me include just the overwhelming things you have to do during the Holidays. All of the work parties, Church parties, regular parties, finding time to shop, wrap, decorate, etc. It can be very overwhelming.

The thing to remember in all of this is to tap out those stressors before they become big problems like stomach aches, migraines, leg pains, backaches, etc. Emotional stresses can become very physical pains if we let them. So, make sure you tap out all of these emotional problems before they get that way. Look at my article under Habit Breakers on Holiday Blues and see how to do this.

My hope in you doing this is that you will find some measure of JOY in your Holidays this year and that your stress level is manageable, so that you can enjoy them.

As this is also the season to serve and help others, I am in my tradition also offering free classes on clearing Holiday Blues and tapping out fears of being single and alone during the Holidays this month and next month will be doing one specifically for Vets and their loved ones. If any of you know people in this situation, let them know about this and I would love to have them along.

I wish you the most wonderful Thanksgiving and joyous time with your family this year.

Hugs to all,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment